Take Charge America is headquartered in Arizona but works in multiple states. The offer financial management help, delinquency and default counseling, post-purchase workshops, and pre-purchase counseling and education in both English and Spanish.
The online homebuyer education class that Take Charge America offers is called Make Your Move (“MYM”). This class lasts approximately eight hours and is a requirement for multiple down payment assistance options, including Home in 5, HOME Plus, Pathways to Purchase and Home Ready. Because this class is online, it can be accessed anywhere, anytime, as long as there is an internet connection. Some topics covered include differences between renting and buying, how to budget and check your credit, what goes into purchasing a home, the process of getting a mortgage, home maintenance, and more. This class has a $100 fee, and in order to get an education certificate, the attendee must earn at least a 70%.
Take Charge America was founded in 1987.
- • Contact Info:
- • Website: www.takechargeamerica.org
- • Phone: 623-266-6100
- • Address:
- 20620 N 19th Ave
- Phoenix, Arizona 85027-3585
Other housing education and counseling agencies in Arizona
- Family Housing Resources
- Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona
- Western Arizona Council of Governments
- Chicanos Por La Causa
- Greater Phoenix Urban League
- Money Management International – Phoenix Branch
- NACA Arizona
- UnidosUS Housing & Financial Empowerment
- NID Housing Counseling Agency Arizona
- Take Charge America
- Comite de Bien Estar, Inc
- Credit Advisors Foundation
- Housing America Corporation
- Greenpath Financial Wellness
- Newtown Community Development Corporation
- Administration of Resources and Choices
- Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona
- Pima County Community Land Trust
- The Primavera Foundation
To search for programs in a different state, click here.