Eligible applicants in Delaware County can receive up to $5,000 in funds to put towards the down payment and closing costs of a home purchase. The funds must be used for the down payment first, to pay up to 2% of the down payment; any remaining funds can then be put towards closing costs.
In order to be eligible for the program applicants must be first-time homebuyers and have not owned a home in the previous three years. They must also contribute at least $1,000 of their own funds towards the home purchase.
Applicants must also finish 8 hours of homeownership group counseling sessions, as well as 1 hour of an individual homeownership counseling session. Once the applicant completes the sessions, maintains good credit, and finishes their Action Plan, they will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
As of 2020, the income limits for this program are as follows:
- 1 person household - $39,200
- 2 person household - $44,800
- 3 person household - $50,400
- 4 person household - $56,000
- 5 person household - $60,500
- 6 person household - $64,950
- 7 person household - $69,450
- 8 person household - $73,900
In order for a property to be eligible, it must be a residential, owner-occupied, single-family house, which includes detached, twin, rowhouse, townhouse, or condominium, and must be located within Delaware County. The house must be compliant with the county housing quality standards. The sale price cannot exceed $218,000 as of 2020.
This program also offers homeownership counseling both before and after closing.
Other programs in Pennsylvania:
- HOMEstead Downpayment and Closing Cost Assistance Loan
- Keystone Advantage Assistance Loan Program
- Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership DPA Program