The CHWC (Community Housing of Wyandotte County) offers the Capitol Federal Closing Costs Assistance Program to qualified applicants. This program is only for those purchasing property in a Low-Income Census Tract.
As much as $1,500 is offered as a grant to help pay for closing costs.
Applicants who are elderly (55+), physically or mentally disabled, recovering from physical abuse, recovered drug or alcohol addicts, or who have been diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, or who have a member of their household who fits one of these criteria, will be given priority.
Applicants must fall within the following total household annual income limits (as of 2020):
- 1 person household: $38,350
- 2 person household: $43,850
- 3 person household: $49,300
- 4 person household: $54,800
- 5 person household: $59,200
- 6 person household: $63,550
- 7 person household: $67,950
- 8 person household: $72,350
Other programs in Kansas:
- Kansas Housing Assistance Program
- KHRC First Time Homebuyer Program
- Federal Home Loan Bank Down Payment Assistance Program